Experience. Results. Compassion.

Denver Child Relocation Lawyers

As society becomes more mobile, the need to modify child custody and visitation arrangements becomes more and more common. For example, a former spouse who may decide to take a job in a different state, or move away to be closer to family. If that person is the one who has primary physical custody of a child, the other parent rightly may fear what this will mean for his or her relationship with that child.

Fortunately, there are legal protections in place to ensure that the rights of both parents are respected when one parent is contemplating a move. At The Law Offices of Rodger C. Daley and Associates, we do whatever it takes to protect our clients’ interests in a relocation situation — even if that means traveling across the world.

My Spouse Wants To Leave With Our Child. Now What?

To modify an existing child custody order, the court needs to find a significant impairment to the child’s emotional development or endangerment to the child’s physical health. Our attorneys will perform a best interests analysis in order to provide you with an accurate assessment of your situation and what the outcome is likely to be.

If your former spouse is seeking a post-decree modification in order to move away with your child, he or she will have the burden to prove that unless he or she is permitted move the child out of state, that child will likely suffer a significant impairment to his or her physical or emotional health.

I’d Like To Leave The State With My Child. Is That Allowed?

If you are hoping to relocate out of state with your child after a divorce, there are specific requirements that the court will expect you to satisfy. Our child custody attorneys are very familiar with the special circumstances and legal standards that must be met in order to enable you and your child to relocate outside the state of Colorado. When you come in for your free initial consultation, one of our family law attorneys can discuss with you whether your situation meets the standards that would allow you to leave the state. Call us at 720-773-5708 for more information.

International Child Custody Matters

Relocation becomes especially difficult when one parent wishes to take the child out of the country. In many cases, the parent has already left the country with the child. Without a modification order granted by the court, this is known as abduction, which is a crime. Our lawyers will travel across the world to take forceful action to ensure that children are returned safely.

Contact The Law Offices of Rodger C. Daley and Associates

Relocation with a child presents significant emotional and legal challenges. Our Denver parental relocation attorneys have the knowledge and experience to guide you through the process, whether you plan to move with your child or wish to keep your child in Colorado. Contact our office in Denver as soon as possible by calling 720-773-5708 for a free initial consultation about your situation.