Experience. Results. Compassion.

Denver Post-Decree Modification Lawyers

Court Orders Aren’t Always Set In Stone

After a divorce, both former spouses can face changing circumstances around employment, health, finances or other issues. Post-decree modifications of child custody, child support, parenting time and spousal maintenance orders can be made to reflect these changes in circumstance, however, satisfying the court’s standards for a substantial change in circumstances can be difficult. At The Law Offices of Rodger C. Daley and Associates, we are very knowledgeable of the legal standards that must be met in order to satisfy the court, and can help you make the strongest possible case for the necessity of a change.

Reasons Why A Change May Be Necessary

Change is a constant in life. Therefore, it only makes sense that a decree ordered as part of a divorce may seem outdated and inappropriate when life circumstances change for you, your former spouse or your children. Some reasons that clients may seek a post-decree modification include:

  • Job loss
  • Health challenges (of either parent or child)
  • Job change
  • A significant raise
  • A move

At The Law Offices of Rodger C. Daley and Associates, our family law attorneys can help to adjust your post-divorce decree to match up with your new reality, whether it be financial or otherwise.

When Your Life Changes, Your Orders Can Change, Too

As part of your life change, you may want to change one or several of your court orders in place since your divorce. Our Denver post-decree modification lawyers can help you make changes to all types of orders, including:

  • Parenting time: As children age, it is common for parents to revisit visitation schedules. Parenting time modifications also often lead to modifications of child custody arrangements; also, if a parent is granted more time with the child, he or she will likely pay less child support.
  • Child support: Incomes change. Injuries or disabilities that keep you sidelined from work can lead to wage loss. If you are facing a substantial change in circumstances, you may be able to modify a child support agreement.
  • Maintenance (alimony): Changes in financial circumstances may warrant a modification of maintenance.
  • Relocation: If one parent wishes to move out of the state of Colorado with the child, he or she will need to seek a custody modification. Though relocation can be both emotionally and legally challenging, it is becoming more and more prevalent. Our attorneys are adept at navigating both the emotional and legal aspects of relocation cases.
  • Other parental responsibilities: In some cases, it is possible to modify other financial responsibilities for health insurance, extracurricular activities, private school tuition, mental health counseling and other expenses that cover a child’s needs.

Contact The Law Offices of Rodger C. Daley and Associates

If changes in your life, your child’s life or your former spouse’s life are creating a need for post-decree modifications, our experienced Denver post-decree modification attorneys will take forceful action to protect your interests. Contact our office in Denver at 720-773-5708. We offer free initial consultations for new clients seeking information about a potential modification.