In our previous blog post, we discussed how Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore’s divorce was being held up because of pet-related issues. While that isn’t an issue for many people who are going through a divorce, it is a good example of why you should be prepared for anything when you are going through a divorce. We know that you might have some questions about the divorce process. We can help you get answers to those questions.

One of the questions many people might ask about divorce is how the property settlement process will work. In most cases, we try to cooperate with your ex to work out an agreement about the divorce settlement. This gives you more control over the process than if we just hand it all over to the court to divide everything.

Of course, there are some cases in which cooperation just isn’t possible. In those cases, we work to prepare your case for the divorce trial. During that process, everything divorce-related is settled.

If you are worried about how long the divorce will take, you might be interested in the fact that divorces that involve an agreed upon divorce settlement are usually finalized faster than divorces that must go to trial. That is one reason why our top priority in these cases is usually trying to come up with an agreement for the divorce settlement.

A divorce agreement can cover a variety of issues, including child custody, child support, property division, and alimony. We will work on your behalf to get you a settlement that takes your interests into account.