Call now to begin your free consultation
Phone 720-773-5708

Alimony, property division and starting out your new life

Divorce is expensive, especially when you have children. For parents who stayed home to raise the kids, job skills and money might be lacking. This can add financial stress to the divorce, but there are options that might help. You might be able to ask for alimony payments to help support yourself until you are able to get a job that offers financial support. If the children are with you the majority of the time, you might also get child support.

These financial payments are based on many factors. It is imperative that you understand which ones apply to you. We can go over the situation and help you to learn about what might impact your case.

There is a big difference between child and spousal support. Child support is almost always determined by a formula the courts use. If you have a prenuptial agreement, you can't include child support payments in that document.

Spousal support can be included in a prenuptial agreement. It is also possible that you and your ex can negotiate these terms as part of the divorce settlement. Not only do you need to think about how these payments can help you reach your goals, you need to determine how you can use the property division process to do the same.

We are here to help you work through the dynamics of the legal end of your marriage. Whether you are going through a collaborative process or seeking the assistance of the court, we can help you to ensure your rights are protected and that your interests are being considered.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

If you need help, contact us as soon as possible.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Law Offices of Rodger C. Daley

Law Offices of Rodger C. Daley
724 East 19th Avenue
Denver, CO 80203

Phone: 720-773-5708
Fax: 303-539-0706
Denver Law Office Map

Email:[email protected]