Call now to begin your free consultation
Phone 720-773-5708

May 2018 Archives

If you don't pay child support, the state may come after you

In Colorado and every other state, when a parent receives an order to financially support his or her children, the state will work hard to make sure the money is paid. A child support order is not a "pay it if you will" kind of thing. If you do not pay, the state has a number of ways to enforce the order.

Divorce doesn't always have to test your patience

Hearing the word divorce will likely conjure up mental images of fighting and strife. The truth is that divorces can be very amicable if the parties involved decide to work together for the mutual goal of legally ending the marriage. The issue that might come up is that both parties have to make this decision. If only one person wants an amicable end and the other is focused on making life difficult, the latter will likely make this a nightmare.

Are you at risk for divorce beyond age 50?

Most Colorado spouses would agree that marriage doesn't always play out as planned. You'd also be among a likely majority if you say it's reasonable to assume that most people expect their marital relationships to last a lifetime. All you have to do to prove that people are not always able to realize such expectations is review current divorce statistics. In reality, many married couples decide that going separate ways is better than remaining in relationships with unresolved differences. 

Sever contact with your ex by avoiding monthly alimony payments

For people who don't have children, there often isn't much of a desire to keep in contact with an ex after a divorce. One thing might prevent you from being able to make a clean break from your ex -- having to pay alimony.

Consider your divorce settlement carefully from the start

Trying to make decisions about your divorce might be difficult. There are so many variables that you have to consider. While it is understandable that you might want everything to end as quickly as possible, you need to make sure that your rushing isn't causing you to make errors in the divorce. We know that you just want to move on with your life. We are here to help you evaluate the options that you have so you can determine how they are going to impact you now and into the future.

What should I do if my ex is badmouthing me to the kids?

Not all marriages end amicably. Many of them end with one or both adults feeling a lot of animosity due to the situations that led up to divorce. However, parents usually end up sharing custody after a divorce. If this occurs and there are children involved, both parents need to remember that the child's happiness has to come first.

Is a PAS the same as a Breathalyzer? Make sure you know

You're driving home from your favorite Colorado restaurant after an enjoyable evening out with some friends. Not far from your home, a police officer pulls you over. You do what most conscientious motorists would do and swiftly spot a section of roadside where you can pull over safely and come to a complete stop. Within the next few minutes, a police officer approaches your window, asks for your operator's license and vehicle registration information, then requests that you step out of your vehicle.

Is it possible to change my divorce order after it is final?

From your financial support obligations to your child custody order, the terms of your divorce will have a significant impact on your life for years to come. While the terms of your divorce order could work reasonably well for years, there are times in which you may need to seek a modification of your existing order. 

If you need help, contact us as soon as possible.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Law Offices of Rodger C. Daley

Law Offices of Rodger C. Daley
724 East 19th Avenue
Denver, CO 80203

Phone: 720-773-5708
Fax: 303-539-0706
Denver Law Office Map

Email:[email protected]